https://thevillagemercantile.blogspot.com

Saturday, July 11, 2026

Mind, body and why we need to simplify to thrive

 





Can we talk about messy & wild?

Can we talk about how every choice is a decision either towards

happy & healthy or not?

Folks, this has been my belief for decades.

Did I always live it?, Heck no!

I fell for *towing the line* for doing what felt wrong and then

after it never worked, being told, * oh well,- lets try some other

chemical to fix whatever it is* instead of looking for root cause.

It was a system that preyed upon fear and pain.

Health is so much more.


Messy and wild just makes sense.

The ability to support what your body is health.

Not adding more junk to it.

This applies physically and mentally.


I suppose watching animals as I do every day has helped

me understand what exactly living things need to thrive.

Yes, I did raise actual humans - kind of the same way...btw.

But I have more time to think about healing and growth and 

supporting life now.


health should not be as complicated as it has been made out to be.

If we are constantly living in chaos, jumping from one energy to another

with little regard for rest or pause we will get burnt out.


I pause in nature.

I will ground, even on my rock patio.

I step out into the sunshine, take a deep breath and pause.

( especially this week , dealing with government agencies and online headaches)

That pause was just what I needed.

Sometimes if I am sitting too long while driving or such I will

get out and stretch, move, get some fresh air.


When studying how our bodies process stress, I have learned that

if we can listen to the initial cures that our bodies need a break

 we can thwart most of the big ones like a stiff neck, migraines,

back problems etc....


Stop and pause.

Notice the * glimmers*.








Click Here to watch

This young man is brilliant.

He is one of the many young people who have challenged

the book taught scholars with new hypotheses.

He is a book smart scholar as well, with massive credentials... but he sought more.


I get it.

I get him.

Listening to wisdom from young people makes me so hopeful.

Hopeful for the families that will continue on in this beautifully free country.





Not everything is ordered and clear.

Most important things are fluid and wild.

Such is our own healing.


As we move through the years, understanding how to support that

is not hard friends, in fact it gets easier.

I would absolutely say to anyone who asks me

to go outside, breathe, face the sun at least 2X a day.

Your job is to unveil yourselves of that heavy wet wool cloak

of stress and worry imbedded into your living.

Eat clean fresh food.

Move away from strife.

Connect with your loved ones & animals

( one in the same for me)

Give the problems to your higher power.

( I do this many times a day)


We were never meant to experience stress, information

( good & bad) and immense overload of things we are not responsible for.

Understanding this is key.

Learn to say no.

Uncouple yourself from the phone.

( Here I may add, this is not permission to ignore what you need

to run your life- like the weather reports etc...)

Learn to consume only what you can process.

Most of it is nonsense.

Most of it is created and spread by people stuck in the

anxiety / stress loop.

My dear friends,  please know that if I do nothing here, I hope to inspire

you to move on from a created narrative of fear, stress and a life of just coping.


We were made for so much more.

We were made to live.

Despite the world trying to complicate the beautiful simplicity of life.




I will be baking with the littles soon and this looks like a simple 

recipe that we can embellish with sprinkles or whatever.

I use natural food dyes and sprinkles which you can find most anywhere now.

These old & simple recipes are the best.

I am so glad that I saved all of the vikings grammas, my moms too.

This summer has been a returning to the past.

In everything.

Purging today still and keeping only the best and the most useful or

what brings me happy memories & joy.

This Summer has been transformative in all the best ways.




Have a lovely day!


I will be updating my prayer list tomorrow for anyone who needs anything.


xoxo

Raven

🐦‍⬛

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Something written here would be lovely}

Copyright © theherbshedatstonehollow. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio