https://thevillagemercantile.blogspot.com

Friday, July 10, 2026

Hodge hodge of Friday things.....

 





Good Friday Morning Friends!

the start to another Summer weekend.



I am beginning to adore people who are aware.

Gosh it is refreshing!

I have been running into by freak chance, people who do not 

just listen to what is fed to them , who use their common sense.

Just recently too.... like it is a trend or a sudden happening or awareness.


Wise people.


 They are aware of what is in their food, in their skin care, hair products, cleaning stuff.

With the knowledge that maybe, just maybe we weren't told the truth about many things

AND willing to listen to an opposing view.

Not to a celebrity or musician or the latest *influencer*.

They have listened to what they were being told

but watching in real time something very different.

Something was not adding up....

Time is right this summer to have those conversations.

Just listen to your neighbor, co-worker or friends with an open mind.

On a porch, with the perfect glass of lemonade.


The wisdom of healthy dialogue....

has me thinking of wisdom and some great 

reminders I found recently online:




Ah! Caroline Ingalls.... you are the perfect example of Grace under pressure

in a world of unexpected happenings and Mrs. Olsens.

I am all about these last two words of wisdoms as well.


Creature comforts are the exact opposite of the fakeness we have seen

celebrated in all aspects of our lives.

I remember when I first got married one of the *rules* I implemented

was butter over margarine ....forever in my home.

My mom was a huge margarine buyer as was many people then.

To me, it seemed fake. I hated it.


Use real butter.... it makes everything better.

But I get what is being said here....we wait for the perfect time

to be gracious to ourselves and our families.

No. Find ways to do this every day.

Pick wildflowers 

( I have been known to do this on the side of a busy road)

My portions may be smaller but they will be of better quality.

Fresh is always best.

Handmade too.

Well made by a craftsman at a garage sale even better.

Ordinary days need not be ordinary.

And that last one....most of you do this already.

Be the light.

I have been writing about that for years & years.

Truly, your light shines so well when you are genuine and honest.

At a time where entering a group conversation can be

walking on eggshells, just risk being you.

You just may be surprised at how many people gravitate towards you

because of your honesty.

Not always because they agree either....but because you are not trying to 

deceive. That is refreshing, that is awesome and it also gives others the

courage to do the same.


Yes, it is July 10th.

I am fully immersed in this beautiful summer .

This weekend will be a stunner.

What are your plans?

Will you get an ice cream?

Will you pocket a sweet rock you found?

Will you start a jar for *accidental souvenirs* - like glittery rocks,

to ponder in the depths of winter?

I have a few going & several that belong to the grandchild as well.

I figure we could do crafts with them ( pinecones, acorns) in the Fall.


Summer if for whimsey and wonder.

Adults and children.


I have made this chocolate sauce and it is good.

My usual ones are no longer GF & the other boutique one is 13$ ๐Ÿ‘€

So I decided to learn to make my own, small batches.

I use organic unrefined sugar and that works just fine.

Also, I once added organic orange flavouring and & tasted to my husband

like one of those Christmas milk chocolate oranges.






Time to go visit my farm friends and sell some eggs....

But I wish to leave you with one of my favorite quotes.


Wisdom & Tolkien just go together and I have been going in-depth

with his writings as they pertain to the industrialisation of England.

It is very fitting in our climate of pushing the farmer aside and buying

up all of the land for AI centers, huge warehouses, solar farms.....

Blessedly, most people get what is happening and are pushing back.

Hopefully it is not too late.


Have a blessed weekend!

Pray for one another.

Eat ice cream.

Collect pretty things.

xoxo

Raven 

๐Ÿฆ‍⬛






No comments:

Post a Comment

{Something written here would be lovely}

Copyright © theherbshedatstonehollow. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio