Good Monday Morning friends!
Welcome back to The Village Mercantile ...
I will say & write this a bunch because I even need to get used to the new name!
I hope you all found me okay.
It can be hard getting used to *new*, I get it....I am the same.
But if you have been following me for a bit you will
notice that my *voice* is the same as will be
my style of writing and sharing our life here
at Stone Hollow.
They were just the friendliest cows....
We were able to meet the owner of the farm and the next farm over as well.
The stories they tell are true Americana...generations of folks
who have supplied food to regions of our country for hundreds of years.
After the tour we picked up some meat for the winter to freeze and some squash and
the most perfect loaf of bread for the Mr.
I think I appreciate my farmers and then I meet the next one and
boy my respect is deepened.
The weather was absolutely perfect as we drove up and down country back roads.
What a time to be alive!
So....
What are you all up to on this fine Monday?
I have already been out in the sunshine grounding myself.
We will be getting a good fetch of rain this week so my Vitamin D stores will be
depleting .... We also need the rain.
As I was making supper last night I tried a tip that one of the farmers
gave me for cutting up onions, place a wet cloth next to the onions.
I used a paper towel and lo & behold! No crying!
Making a pot of chilli for the week ahead as I will be off for part of a day.
Prepping the veggies beforehand makes the whole process easier.
Nothing better than coming home to a slow cooker filled with chilli on a rainy day.
In other news here at the Mercantile ....
I am still in the fight against 2 massive projects being brought to our town.
The people involved have done this many times...going into rural areas
and overwhelming the offies with paperwork and lawsuits.
But we see through all that.
The destruction to the aquifer, wildlife and way of life for far too many
here is detrimental to the well being of everyone.
Not to mention this was planned during covid when many people were not allowed to
attend meetings in person and the notices were not published in local papers.
It smells....
The grass roots folks are trying and even obtained a moratorium on any new
huge projects like this for a year .
But these two ....they have to be stopped.
I will keep you all updated, because this is happening everywhere.
Data centers, solar fields...massive commercial + residential projects
that come from out of nowhere and change towns and the beauty
and health of the environment exponentially .
For me.... I pace myself.
I do what I can locally by supporting the farmers, the small businesses and the
people who work honestly to make our communities better.
I no longer wish to discuss the current politics.
It is pointless.
I have my views. I have my views on a lot of things but I was raised to keep
some things private. My relationships, my family business my own business.
I feel most comfortable moving forward in my life stating these values.
The one thing that I will talk about is my faith.
Never wavered, never watered down.
I love my family, my friends, my country and this life God has graced me with.
I no longer need to apologise or be shamed or acknowledge the
insane voices of others who want me to fit into some mould of their understanding.
The Village Mercantile will always be about positivity and light.
This is a place for growth and joy, friendship and happiness.
Thank you for being here!
I will leave it off today with my oldest grandchild and his gift from his poppa
and him to me last week.
The amount of joy I felt seeing him with that big smile and the blooms they
picked at the local farm make me feel like the luckiest person in the world.
This is life my friends.
This is what I choose to focus on.
May you all have a blessed day.
XOXO
Raven
π¦⬛







No comments:
Post a Comment
{Something written here would be lovely}