https://thevillagemercantile.blogspot.com

Friday, July 24, 2026

Message and a quick thank you ☺️

 



Just a check in so you all do not think I have

vacated this space in frustration.

I have in the past been massively frustrated with , well...

everything. It seems that the world went crazy and I was left behind to try and find

those deemed crazy but were in fact sane and unbothered.

I twisted the thought of heading off of socials because I was getting

so burned out and to be honest, disappointed in folks.


But I have been doing lots of prayer work, lots of asking for guidance and

loads of feeling with my instincts and gut as to what to do so that

I can exist amongst it all and still do what I love here.


Happy to say...as of now I will be staying.

THIS was MY journal, my book of personal inspiration in the

beginning but over time it became partly YOURs too.

You inspire me every day.

Your hopeful stories, your heartfelt texts and messages

all helped me decide what steps to take next.

And I am completely grateful.


No one will run me off of what I love to do.

💟

Today's late posting:


What a wonderfully simple day I had yesterday.

I love days like this.

Conversations with farmers and customers about Gilmore Girls

and getting older while driving a 6 speed Jeep.

The farm stand was brimming with seasonal produce.

Cherries, nectarines, squash, cucumbers, tomatoes

corn and lettuce filled my baskets.

It never escapes my heart how blessed I am to live where

I can get fresh food this easily.

Sometimes my creamery ladies will bake and I can take

home a nice loaf of non-GF bread for the big guy or

rolls for his burgers.

The easy conversations were a treat after years of

strained interactions....there was a lightness today I noticed

and totally enjoyed.

Staying in the moment, happy to just be and interact has

been the thing I have long missed.


These past few days of just living in the moment have been

lovely. 

This is how Summer should be.




I was due for my manicure Monday.

I could not get there.

So my nail snapped while loading the dishes into the dishwasher.

Can I tell you how painful and sudden this was?

Because of this.... I cut all of my long nails off

and filed them down and those sweet swans will live on my nails

for a while as I wish to take a break now from the salon.

It has been a week of injuries but of my own doing.

I pushed my knee way past its screaming point.

The high & hard clutch in my jeep is not for the faint of heart.

Usually I have no issues ... however a week of everyday driving and 

a few 3 hour trips made him angry so of course I spent the weekend

at the zoo. The hilly, marvellous , wonderful zoo with the oldest.

( I love the zoo as much as he does)

But my poor little knee said , nope.

I have been babying that knee for a few days now.

Gotta listen when your body starts yelling at you.




  

It was worth it because I not only got to see my friend Jenny, the 2 toes sloth...

finally! ( She had been gone for a few months) but they had a new sloth show we got to 

participate in. 

( worth the pain for a few days????? ;)

YES.









The rest of the week was me doing my thing just slower.

I got to most of everything...plus more, with ice breaks.



The ability to cook high protein meals from farms so close by

.... just a gift I tell you.

When I injure myself ( like the knee thing) I up my protein.

Helps me to heal.

If you have not made it out to your local farmers market or farm, please do!

I started freezing an extra pint of whatever is fresh for those long winter days.



Date night....when we are not ravishing the blackberry bushes like bears

after supper and evening chores we can actually clean up and

get out to our favorite place filled with good people and awesome food.

I had scallops that were so perfect they reminded me of marshmallows.

Divine!

( and a burger salad....yum!)

Friday Favorites:


Get a load of Emily Roberts, you may know her from

The Voice but I just found her for her awesome canning videos.

She is positively a ray of sunshine with the voice of an angel.

I am still trying to find this magazine around here, but look her up

on Facebook and watch her videos.

I swear she will charm you!

#lightbringer







So, here you are, at the bottom of this Friday post that I am getting

out late for all of the reasons above.

Monday I should have a surprise for you.

*fingerscrossed*

Stay tuned my friends.

Remember to shine your light always....

Refuse to be dimmed.

XOXO

Raven

🐦‍⬛






No comments:

Post a Comment

{Something written here would be lovely}

Copyright © theherbshedatstonehollow. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio