https://thevillagemercantile.blogspot.com

Thursday, July 16, 2026

Faith & a few light summer meal ideas🌽

 





Good Morning.

Thursday, July 16th 2026






I have been reading up on faith lately.

the tides of life bring you safely close to shore

where faith is a tangible thing.

But when you are floating out there all alone....

it feels like you will never reach it.

How does one hold onto faith in all days, through all things?

For me, I suppose it was when all else was taken away.

I had to find a strong anchor or I was sure that I would

have perished at sea.

When I called out.... it found me.

I can stand alone knowing that I am not alone at all.




I am not alone, I am surrounded by love.

I do not have to do anything to be worthy.... I just am.


How to move about the world in 2026?

Know that you are beloved, no matter what.




I have to unplug multiple times a day.

The moments that matter...when I am with my family or my beautiful

flock or my darling dogs.

Those interconnecting of souls mean the world to me.


Nothings else matters.


Years ago... my life was 24/7 loud with barely managed chaos.

Running a business at our home, deliveries, people in & out of the house non-stop,

managing sports teams, barking dogs, costumes and weekends away.... everything was a 5 alarm fire.

I had the weather channel on all of the time to try and ease my tension.

Having faith back then was a whole different thing.

It was what I could jam between it all.


Faith now is a living thing.

It exists in every moment because it is quiet enough to meet it anytime.


Here is a news flash that you will never see on any mainstream social media site:




T R U T H .

The worry is often placed there by listening to others worry.

The *ALERT* of the day....

Orange smoky skies, bugs in fresh foods, aliens...

( though the alien thing is getting old TBH...)


Faith is the steady underlying current of calmness I have been seeking 

to return to for decades.




Today is my day to head off to the farms, pick up weekend foods.

Say hello to my people and then come home and clean the fridge.

I will fill it with this weeks fresh food for our family and the food for our entertaining.

I love having sandwich things in the fridge ready when unexpected visitors come.

In the summer I can get away with fresh baked rolls, sandwich toppings,

turkey, cured meats or ham ( which I bake myself and throw it in the fridge

for breakfast or lunch or hash or even Mac & cheese - just throw it in.

Once my fridge is organised I can bring out a pretty platter in no time.






I love these corn cups.

They are tangy and just the perfect side for those sandwiches, BBQ, hot dogs even...



This summer has had a remarkable effect on my health.

Finding the right Dr. and being consistent has been the key.


I feel like I am moving in the right direction after years of being stuck.

Sunlight, grounding, sleep ( on the sleep has been a game changer),

fasting intermittently with a mainly protein based diet

{ I do cycle having some pasta and rice and even pizza}

This works for me & my allergies.

Basic.

Once a month or so sports massage, fascia work, stretching.

No Rx.

Magnesium & daily vitamin.

Simple.

Movement.

Fluid movement that follows the range of motion in every

part of my body.

Do I have iced treats & chocolate and cookies ...yep.

It is such a sweet balance of normal that it feels effortless.





Also a lot of health for me was letting go.

I am still in the process and I give things up every day.

I started listening to my inner intuition after decades of

ignoring it.

That stress will kill you.

I watched as stress killed my parents and vowed to not have that

happen to me.

It has taken a long while...I  still place new boundaries every day.

But the results are life changing.

I am enjoying my life, my grandchildren and my future dreams

every day.

With faith.......




Have a lovely day friends.

Blessings,

Raven

xoxo

🐦‍⬛

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Something written here would be lovely}

Copyright © theherbshedatstonehollow. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio