https://thevillagemercantile.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 8, 2026

Life update, a few good recipes and hope ....welcome my Bison era






W E D N E S D A  Y 


Currently undergoing a life purge.

I don't know where this all came from but it did and I am going along with it.

Donate, sell, toss, gift....

So many items I thought I needed.

So many things kept for silly reasons.


I fully believe like in any great movie or television show there are 

many threads of stories going on at once.

My life is developing into quite the show.

I am not resisting, but leaning into it.



Our work to halt the building of a massive monstrosity has been given a small 

reprieve. Monday night the Inland Wetland committee voted their proposal down.

This buys us a bit of time.

So many towns all across the country are fighting the same things:

huge warehouses

data centers

solar farms

flock camera overreach

all at once.

Seems daunting to try, once you meet the truly impacted families who will

lose their homes and way of life in the Quiet Corner you are compelled to do something.




Life can get heavy. It is sometimes very real.

When you are moved to enact change there is no

forethought, just a sincere desire to help.


So yes, we will celebrate this win but we keep on fighting.

We may have won the battle but the war is still on....


*******





************

When it is hot and the days feel too long to get inside and cook

this is such a yummy supper.

This and a salad & fruit.

I can no longer get the GF biscuits in a can...sad.

But I have been making these for years and it was such a

surprisingly easy meal that looked like you were in the kitchen for hours.




This is a vintage Herb Shed recipe that I feel has stood the test of time.

This following one is new but I know it will be a favorite.

I love Grillo's pickles.

So this is right up my alley.

I use Monterey Jack cheese, it is mild enough to set off the 

pickley taste.

Be careful though... you will be wanting this all of the time!



                                                   It's great on baked potatoes too!




Can we chat about Jonna's new puppy Lumi?

How my heart broke for her when Nanook passed....

This is a bright new chapter for her and I could not be more happy for her.


I posted these photos of my grandson making me a beautiful bracelet yesterday.

I love this age!

However, you can also see my new Jonna Jinton bracelet.

It says in ancient text: Be like the bison.

If you get it you get it.

That statement hold personal significance to me.

This one spent a night in her mother tree at her home for the Summer Solstice

before making its way to me.







Moving into my Bison / Buffalo age.

I may only be a wanna be....

But this Taurus is a bull so maybe I can hope to find

the spirit of my inner Bison who stands firm and strong,

head towards the storms of life.

To not let the peculiarities of human behaviours throw me.



These past 6 years were the most transformative years of my life.

Not because some trauma happened and I had to pivot to cope.

BUT

Because I once was this and I am no longer:

THIS

( if this is you please know that the other side is light & peace)








 For most of my life this was how I managed.

Bouncing from trauma to trauma.

Just existing, never living like God or my mom intended.



It had to be something HUGE to snap me back to me.

Moving here was just that.


************



If I had a big sister I would have wanted her to do tell me  this.

Instead I had to figure it out myself.

That is okay.








Life is amazing.

The desert you may be in that feels like the end

is just the shedding of old ways.


Blessings and love my friends.


Life is beautiful.


xoxo

Raven

🐦‍⬛







No comments:

Post a Comment

{Something written here would be lovely}

Copyright © theherbshedatstonehollow. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio