![]() |
| I am almost there! |
Good Monday Morning !
It will be a rainy & sometimes stormy day.
( my sinus is confirming )
Perfect after a sweltering hot but fine holiday weekend.
Time to clean the house, make a cozy meal
( bbq is great but I desire meatloaf or soup tonight)
and focus on the inside of the house after being
outside every moment we could get.
![]() |
| Lower meadow |
![]() |
| Evening ride along the property up river |
Mondays are for fresh starts or drag yourself out of bed
and not so fresh starts.
I want to remind you today that this version of you
is temporary.
Yes!
You have the ability every day to embrace that which life has created
or decide that a part just no longer fits and you wish to
make that part a focus for change.
It can be small, so small...it does not have to be huge.
When we returned to our wellness journey 15 years ago ( when the viking was diagnosed
with an aggressive cancer) I started with buying organic half and half.
I distinctly remember that because for one it was much more expensive
than regular but my desire to change our life to keep him healthy
won out over my fear of spending more for it.
In time I learned to place organic, local, fresh food at the top of
our budget because it was most important for our health- the literal building blocks.
I budgeted and God took care of us...still does.
I have no fear as I shop at my local farm markets now.
That small thing has led to our lives being fuller, healthier
and longer. And we are still trying out new ( or old) ways
to keep it, like grounding, red light when the sun is unavailable,
bodywork etc....
A return to base line.
That is always my goal when it comes to resetting health, a schedule,
a way of thinking....
That base, whether it is your faith, your guidelines, your family, whatever
you call it allows you to stray and free range...trying out new food,
new ways to do the same things, thinking differently , changing perspective
all necessary for a thriving life.
Going wild for a season is so healthy.
But that base... that is your stronghold.
That is YOU.
Have you ever defined your base?
I know that mine has changed as my life has changed.
Being a young woman is different than being a Gaga.
Not so much just physically, but in all ways.
My base is my faith, has always been.
My structure to my life & every day leans more towards
purposeful and peaceful rather than hurried and stressed.
From there my ways to express my faith have changed too.
I will charge crystals by the light of the full moon and read my bible every morning.
That is just who I am....
I even lost people who put me on some spiritual pedestal
of their creation.
Yet, unbeknownst to them, my base has always been the same.
Their loss.
******
I am way more relaxed, way more myself for the first time in years
because I have earned it. I have worried myself through decades of
life.
Over small and large things.
I liken myself to being the adult version of 7 year old me.
More confident, with some scars on my body & heart but
as pure in heart as she was all those years ago.
Just a bit smarter....
![]() |
| My new summer shirt.... |
I am not perfect, none of us should ever profess to be.
My mother was and still is my heart, my base and my accountability.
I gave her a run around as a teen.
But as a young mom she was ( for 2 years) my base, my touchstone
my rock.
With her gone I managed.... I succeeded and I also failed, a lot.
I can honestly say that did my best.
And that is all you can do....
******
Let us all remember that we are works in progress, we can change
what we need to and we are never stuck or alone.
Mondays are for fresh starts, yes.
But so are Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, Thursdays....
you get the picture.
If you are in the Northeast, enjoy the rainstorms today!
I will be out there....in the mud.
Blessings,
xoxo
Raven
🐦⬛







No comments:
Post a Comment
{Something written here would be lovely}