Summer 2026
Welcome!
It has been a bit over a month since I lost my darling Cooper
and his ladies. Breaks my heart to walk over near their grave.
We are still on high alert, the chickens only out when I can be in attendance .
I am out there 2-3 hours a day, gardening and doing some crafting
and paperwork, whatever I can bring with me to do at the cafe table
I set up nearby. I miss him, Cooper. It's not like I haven't lost other roosters.
I have loved them all, but Cooper was just shy of a year old. He was glorious and
looked much like my Tobykeith and Beast who both lived
long long lives. He had such potential to be a great rooster.
He was a teen and as such a bit feisty but I was working with him each day.
His natural instinct to shield his girls was strong...I held no animosity when
he would have a go at my ankles, he was so young.
He died as he lived, protecting his girls. It was sickening the way he
perished. Poor guy. I hope in that big old barn in heaven I get to pet
him again and tell him I love him.
There is not enough love for roosters in the world.
His baby is still going up in the garden the way he did.
I do have to say, these long days away from wifi have been good for my soul.
I have been reading more, creating more and am overall happier.
Sunshine, gardens and chickens with a dabbling of grands and a viking for company,
I am having a pleasant start to my Summer.
Potatoes, corn, squash and tomatoes are doing well.
especially the potatoes. I can't wait to see the look on my grandsons
face when we dig them up!
The elderberry trees are packed this year, now if I can get to them before the
chipmunks do!
Honey bees are happy with the new flowers...lavenders and speedwell.
The milkweed patch is huge too... butterflies will love it!
Am I frustrated my world events?
Yep.
Am I doing what I can to help stop what I feel to be ignorance
and greed in my town and state? Yep.
I allocated special times to contact reps, educate myself of issues I had an interest in,
and start a campaign to lend attention to what touches my heart.
What used to frustrate me was looking at newsfeeds where people were just tearing
one another down.... no resolution, no attempt to change anything but complain and
attack. Ugh, I am not wired like that. I need to actively DO something.
To lend Queen Bees name to anything it had to be important and I can think of
nothing more important than the environment, critters and exposing the
sudden development of data centers, solar fields and huge warehouses in our
rural communities.
It also effects the farmers, traffic, health, etc.....
The animals do not have a voice so I will try and be that for them.
Our town did some, what I believe, shady deals when covid had
us on lockdown. Allowing for these mega projects to come in and Ferngully
our Last Green Valley.
Pray my friends we can get these 3, yes 3 HUGE projects to fail.
We did get a moratorium passed to halt any new monstrosities for a year.
That is a blessing.
Yes.
I truly believe we need a moratorium on progress.
Bring back simple living, talking to faces not phones.
Being with families not trying to recreate Instagram worthy lives.
I am good.
I one had a patient in the nursing home where I worked named Eleanor D.
She was 104 when she was my patient.
Her room looked like an 1800 parlour with a stuffed couch and she
had to get dressed in her beautiful clothing every day ...make up , hair.
She was so tiny and darling I was so blessed I was her caretaker.
But as she opened her eyes in the first light of day she would
instantly say,* Damn it!*
For she lived through many decades of progress, 2 husbands all of her friends...
I totally understand her now.
Progress is only good if it is in fact benefiting all of society,
not just a handful. Ugh and those who support them or are being used by them
are even worse because they do not realise they are harming themselves
and their descendants ......
Any how.... Summer is here and so are those days where it is just too
hot to cook and you are sorta hungry or company just surprises you.
Try this:
Fresh crusty bread from the grill or even crustini's would be
perfect with this.
Yummy!
I would also add an icy fruity drink too.
Perfect!
Also:
Remember this?
Vintage Herb Shed.
I still need to swim in my swan floaty.....I still have him!
Have a great week friends.
Just started to rain....can you hear the grass???
xoxo
Raven










No comments:
Post a Comment
{Something written here would be lovely}