F R I D A Y
This week:
A beautiful weather week.
My gardens are racing ahead!
Potatoes, sunflowers, squash, corn, tomatoes all growing so fast
after weeks of slow growth.
It is awesome to watch but also weeding is a real thing!
My new lavender/ rose garden is also doing well.
The bees are so happy with it.
I got the cutest manicure...I mean, how darling is this?
I swear my girl is the best in the business.
Eggs have slowed as it does when we have a hot spell.
Mrs. Olsen was even giving me an egg a day there for a while
and she is 10 years old!
Lucy is doing well..as are the ducks and her flock.
No new babies yet this year.
But to be honest, the fisher cat decimated the duck nest
and as you know my flock.
He is very active this year, as we knew he was here all along
but never really bothered us or the river animals.
Lessons learned.
We did have a visitor for a few days...
Some of my favorite moments are spent just *being* with him.
I will not be polluting any creeks this summer with my phone...LOL,
but yeah I understand that. As I have written, our addiction to it
is what will be our undoing as a society unless we learn how to moderate
its use. Lately, I have been using it for music or podcasts, rarely checking
socials or news ( ugh news... sure way to worsen an otherwise great day with
nonsense that if you did worry about it, would certainly change in an hour.
. I visit them when I have excess time I am not doing
anything else. I feel that the answer to all the negativity is depriving
it of its oxygen ....I check in to see what my favorite people are up to,
grab a few recipes, watch a video like Jonna Jinton etc...)
Speaking of Jonna, 2-3 years ago she did this cool thing of
placing orders of her jewellery in her *Mother Tree* in the
north of Swedens deep forest before shipping it out.
It was a Midsummer thing that I thought was absolutely
magical. That year I ordered a crystal & silver necklace for my birthday.
It came wrapped up so beautifully and in the box was wildflowers
from her gardens. I still treasure it to this day.
Last week I ordered a new piece and she will be doing the same thing,
putting it in her tree and sending tiny bouquets from her meadow
along with it.
I rarely ever order things like this for myself, but I have followed Jonna since, hummm..
2014..12? Not sure but she feels like family now. I feel very much at home with her
connection to the earth and the seasons. Kindred spirits I suppose.
Here is her link if you are ever interested:
I do believe the option to add the solstice event to your order is still live.
https://jonnajintonsweden.com/blog/
This gave me a chuckle!
But yes...100%.
Funny how relevant Tolkien's writings have become recently.
The destruction of all the beauty God has given us to be replaced
by cold, un-alive, feelingless monsters scraping the earth with their machines.
Orks who endorse policies and mandates created to make the rich richer
at the expense of the Hobbits and nature.
It all kind of makes me ill.
But this Elf is doing what she can to help even a tiny bit
to the land Stone Hollow is near.
The creating of millions of square feet of robotic warehousing and the
building of 2 more in the same aquifer area surrounded by old forest and
filled with threatened species ( Eagles) is my area of concern though there
are many many many.......
How this town would even think of doing this in The Last Green Valley
is beyond me.
Please, if you would send up prayers of light that this does not happen.
It will be absolutely criminal if it does.
This is one of my favorite ways to eat.
Just a few bits of a few things, a ploughman's lunch.
Very much like what a hobbit would eat.
Add in whatever is in your fridge.










No comments:
Post a Comment
{Something written here would be lovely}