https://thevillagemercantile.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 18, 2026

S U M M E R

 





T h u r s d a y


Good Morning .

Grey morning, a morning to stay in and write a bit.


With Summer right around the corner, I love the days right before 

mankind designates the change of seasons. After all, Mother Nature

follows no calendar , does she?

But for man, the banners go up, state fairs start happening,

summer paint sales (?) occur and we switch our

menus from cozy and warm to hot off the grill and

icy cold.

Seasonal hurricanes get named...as we await their arrival.


The truth of it all is that the seasons are a living,

changing thing that are different every year.

They  can not be controlled.

But if we are wise, we can certainly celebrate them.

Meet it's energy in real time.


Summer lets us be wild.

Lets us know that we can stretch boundaries, like 

the light stretches the day way past our usual bedtime.

Chasing fireflies in the twilight while snaking on berries.




What a world that we get to celebrate seasons in.

If we are wise ( again) we will have already understood that 

the real things in life are not broadcast across screens or

on newsfeeds. The real things are the small moments .

Warm sun on our faces, the spotting of an animal in the grass,

children's laughter, a warm hand in ours as we take that evening walk.

Seasons are the heartbeats of our lives.





This is my summer place.

If I do not want to I can avoid the highway and travel backroads

to get to my farm stores every week.

The river ( upstream photo)  is a special place where I can

further retreat to when life ( people) get too much.

When people want you to be their version of you.

When the created chaos is there to prevent you from

hearing what is important.

When the perceived opinions from others are too loud.

Summer is freedom.

And that freedom is something I long for all year long.



This is a wonderful PSA by the way.

Brought to you by Summertime and the idea that you can do whatever the heck

you wish and still not have to give a rats behind what anyone thinks.



This also applies to Summer.

It applies to me right about now as well.

I have kicked off my summer spending precious moments with people I adore,

eating fresh and tasty things, laying in the grass, walking the river.

At night when it finally gets dark and I drag myself inside I barely

have enough energy left to take a bath.

I sleep deeply and wake ready to do it all over again.



Enjoy your life my friends.

Enjoy yourselves.

Have a spectacular start to that summer season.

Much Love,

Raven

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Something written here would be lovely}

Copyright © theherbshedatstonehollow. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio