https://thevillagemercantile.blogspot.com

Monday, June 1, 2026

J U N E ! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ¦ž

 




JUNE

It is June, and in my world the start of summer.

I know, I know normally we celebrate it on the 21 (ish).

But I have always celebrated seasons in 4 parts.

Winter Dec, Jan, Feb

Spring March, April & May

Summer June , July & August

Fall September October & November

* with special note on the solstices


My first memories of summer were of the beach.

I have always lived in a beach town all of my life until I moved 

to the countryside.

My home town was an established town with a lot of New England

history. Also it was in the very popular Preppy Handbook.


                                       Mommy would sit at the tideline with her friends as

my brother & I  played close to her and that plaid cooler filled with

PB&J sandwiches, plums and whatever mommy baked that week.

We would explore the beach, collecting sea glass and those shiny

orange shells that I still have in crystal bowls in my bedroom window.

We had clambakes growing up and as I got older I would

ride my bike to the town beach and spend the whole day there

with my friends. candy necklaces and cheap hotdogs fuelled my ride home.

Big trips were to Rhode Island to Misquamicut beach to spend the day.

Clam fritters and iced tea....oh I can still remember the

hot oil burning my lips.

Then I would fall asleep in the car home- not before we stopped for

souvenirs . My favorite part of the trip.

Summers were magical, filled with the ice cream man in the evenings

and the smell of BBQ on weekends.

As I grew older I distinctly remember the smell of my boyfriends old car

(like really old...50's) and the trips to the beach in the evenings.





This June, I am starting a celebration of Americana.

With true patriot grit and a bit of spark.

Homespun recipes, some snaps of my Summer and 

tons of inspiration.

Fairs, festivals, thrifting and roadside stands, farm fresh recipes and

a whole lot of what is on my mind each and every day.


Will I bother you with things that I just love to eat, do, buy and

think is interesting? Yes.

I hope that at the end, we find some souvenirs to tuck in our pockets as reminders of what 

an awesome Summer the 250th year of this blessed country  was.




Test time....

What is my #1 thing to have in your car at all times?



ICE CREAM MONEY!

Of course!






Happy June my friends!

xoxo

Raven

πŸ¦žπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ


No comments:

Post a Comment

{Something written here would be lovely}

Copyright © theherbshedatstonehollow. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio