https://thevillagemercantile.blogspot.com

Friday, May 22, 2026

Make no peace with evil...........( the good part is at the end)

 





* Make no peace with evil.*


Yeah. watching your babies get slaughtered does something to you. 

If it had taken one to feed its young, yep, I would have a better understanding of it. 

But no... just killed them and left them there and

would have moved onto the next coop if I had not walked out. 

I could fold and secure the coops so much that they


lived a sad sheltered life 

OR I could adjust my life and offer up a different way. 


I will be more present in the gardens and coops


daily especially putting them to bed before dusk.

I am adding a bistro table to the fenced in grassy area

so I can do work there during the day.

Wifi too.

and maybe my weights....

I am pursuing a business idea as well.

I have adjusted my sails and now know what needs to

be done so we all can live peaceful lives.

*******

Evil is always out there, just waiting for the weakness.

What a powerful analogy for moving forward.

The gardens are doing well.

Corn, beans, tomatoes, herbs& perennials for the bees- squash & pumpkin.





I planted this beauty in memory of my beautiful flock.

Golden like them.



The lone survivor of the attack Sweet Pea laid an egg yesterday.

She also went around the area for the first time and looked for

everyone. It was very sad. Interestingly, I let her into the garden

where the attack occurred and she took a long dustbath in the

spot where they were killed.

It was kind of powerful.

She is adjusting to the new flock mates ..Sugar and Blueberry are so

sweet so I have her with them for now.

Her sister is busy raising her baby but the goal is for them

to be together as well...one cohesive group, which will

take time, but it will be well worth it.

*****

Stopped in the feed & grain to pick up some plants

yesterday and saw this hat. I instantly heard my mom

in my head saying...get it.

get the hat .... do not let evil win.




Ugh, I thought.... what kind of chicken keeper am I?

I let them down and they paid for it.

But I did get it. I thought how very much I love them.

How I care deeply for their weak beings.

Then... this happened:


Meet The Maple Grove.

6 beautiful Cream Legbar pullets.

Named after one of my dearest hens, 

Maple who was my only Legbar at the time.

M A P L E 


One day I wanted a whole flock of them.

That day setridipidly happened yesterday on my way home.

* thanks mom*




* Make no peace with evil.*

Instead, move boldly forward in Grace and with love in your heart.


May you all have a blessed Memorial weekend.

If you are in my neck of the woods, shoot me a text.

I am fully stocked with local ice cream and hotdogs,

peaceful sunsets and happy chickens.




XOXO

Raven

🐦‍⬛








No comments:

Post a Comment

{Something written here would be lovely}

Copyright © theherbshedatstonehollow. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio