https://thevillagemercantile.blogspot.com

Friday, July 3, 2026

Happy July 3rd!

 





Happy July 3rd.

Otherwise known as the reception for Taylor day.

Because I heard from a reliable source { a lobsterman from Rhode Island}

 that Taylor was married already.

Yep.

Whether that is true or not I so want it to be as it

is a lovely wrinkle in her sweet story.




I also hope that her cats, Meredith, Olivia and Benjamin have some sort of

role in this thing as I love them more than I love her music.


Anyway, welcome to the Summer's premier weekend of travel and 

BBQ and fun! It just so happens to be the country's 250th as well.

Something that I believe is just so wicked amazing that I get to see

in my lifetime.

You know what else is amazing to see?

Big Boy traveling the country during this time.

He is the biggest steam train ever built, he is HUGE!




As you know, I work on a steam train and am very enamoured with them.

I am excited for the many folks who get to experience him up close.

What a year of fun things happening.





What will you all be doing this weekend?

If you are traveling I do hope that you have a safe trip and 

take the time to stop at a small place and pick up a souvenir or two.

Something that will remind you of how lovely your season of

sunshine was when it is 5* outside and dark.

I always pick up rocks.

I am drawn to them and have a weird ability to tell you , years later

where they came from.

I also tuck ice cream $ in my purse, in the glove and in my jacket pocket.

Because we can't just get an ice cream in December , sit outside

on benches chatting and watching other families while it melts down our arms.

It is a seasonal event.

I adore seasonal events.

Like eating lobster.

Road trips, even day ones always remind me of sand in your shoes,

sea food, ice cream and souvenirs.


 Oh & roadside stands....

Give me a roadside stand and I am there.

This time of the year corn starts.

Oh corn.... one of my favorite foods of all time.

But fresh strawberries are a close second place.

We are at the end of that season, blueberry season & our own blackberries

will be starting next.



Because of the intense heat, I have been staying close to home.

My chickens need attending, especially Blueberry - my English Blue Orpington.

She is a big girl.







 A couple times a day she gets either the icy feet pan or dunked in cool water.

She loves it and it honestly cools her down fast.

Between the heat and having that fisher cat out there, I have been

staying close to the flocks.



**********

Which is quite okay.

Living in and on history during an historical event in time is 

a blessing and a gift.

Imagine, since the 1600's this land was inhabited.

This house built in 1790.

and unchanged from its original footprint.

The doorways and floors are worn in spots from hundreds of years

of use, the library hold many artifacts from the years spent as a mill village.

This property is on The National Trust For Historic Preservation.

All I can think about are the people who lived here & their stories.

I am humbled.







I am looking forward to hanging out , canoeing, BBQ and just

enjoying the peace and quiet with those I love.


STONE HOLLOW


See you all tomorrow.

If you are signing off the internet for the weekend, good on you!

I will see you on Monday.

Bless you & your families.

I am greatly appreciative that you stop by.

My little corner of the world in New England USA.

xoxo

Raven

🐦‍⬛



No comments:

Post a Comment

{Something written here would be lovely}

Copyright © theherbshedatstonehollow. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio