Good Monday Morning.
The start of a fresh new beautiful Summers week.
This morning I already aided a turtle across the road to his favorite wild strawberry patch,
greeted the sun as it burned away the fog from off of the river, made breakfast and packed lunch,
fed the pups and spent some time in prayer outside under the apple tree.
I will never bemoan these long, wild days.
The fear mongers are already out there with their maps
and horror stories about how hot this week at the end of June & into July will be.
I get it, I have lived through many Summers and in my experience, it gets hot.
This is why I no longer listen to the news.
It is all about fear, all about telling us how we should behave.
No thanks, I will just adjust and flourish as I have....
Starting in July ( now), I am planning on fresh new posts that will hopefully
inspire you to do just as I have.... explore, embrace and celebrate
YOUR summer. Your way. Your plans.
I will be sharing as I do, life here at Stone Hollow, how I live an clean life free
from as many chemicals and garbage ingredients as I have done for ages.
I will share my bemusement at life and how we as human beings
either flow with what is happening to us or stand up and say no.
No to what is wrong, what is detrimental to our way of living,
no to filth and trash and nasty actions from a select few.
No to lies ( because we all can access facts now) , no to
manipulation. No to standing by and just letting things happen.
No.
Yes.
To truth, to God, to family and to finding out your truths
( even if I do not share them) and celebrating with you.
What it comes down to pushing back against the in your face
forcing of things we all know is wrong.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
But first, let me illustrate a few things:
This is hard for many people.
It was hard for me.
Losing my parents at such a young age broke me.
I pretended for a long time that I was fine.
I had to, I had a growing family & business and really there was no healthy
person around anymore to ground me.
The heartbreak lived within me, it was the last ties to them I had.
Freedom was learning that I had to grow beyond that.
I did that with help I found ( a fantastic art therapist who guided me
gently as I navigated it all) , a support group filled with support and
wisdom from lived experiences, my faith ...oh my faith...
Never will I allow anyone to tell me who I am, or pass around
lies and untruths. I know what I have been through, I know
things many do not and I have healed enough to know that
even though my strength has grown I will never stop healing.
Through many difficult times since I have chosen the path
of growth instead of wallowing ( though that does feel good at first).
It is hard. It sucks . But it is why I am still here.
Never underestimate those who are quiet.
They often have lived through things you could never imagine.
This was my goal.
At first, when I was small I wanted to be a writer and go to Harvard.
Then I wanted to get a job in health care but modelling drew me away from that.
I met a viking. I grew a family, we grew a business, life happened
and all I wished for was peace.
I have this here now, despite swearing that I would never move away from
my home town & my memories of my family & Moonshadows, my home.
I kicked and screamed and on a bad day here where I miss my family I may do the same.
But the bad days are very few.
It is far quieter than I have ever lived.
My nervous system calming down was an actual thing....
I welcome visitors more than I attend functions now.
I leave to visit my farm friends, and see family and perform
my magic during the holidays.
But this is home.
If the loop is the mess I see when I plug into TV or the socials....
I am happy to be here. Imagine, not knowing what that socialite is doing today,
how will I ever go on?
I have my favorite people I follow , my new music, my old music, my schoolmates
my hometown folks, my farmers and basics, the weather & local news
( literally, the news station is in the next town over)
I watch homeopathic & cooking videos, inspiring people I jive with,
like Jonna Jinton.
I would rather sit on my dock with my bible, open it up and read what
I am presented with that day... very serendipitous.
I watch the clouds, feel the humidity rise, feel the wind.
No loop for me.
Nature. Nature gives me the resonance back that I am loved, that I am holy
that I am in a state of Grace.
Yes, that is how I pray.
And while driving and in my kitchen and all day actually.
But yeah.... nature is where I meet God fully.
I get absolutely floored when I am met with folks who have not gotten this yet.
I mean, it has been out there for a while literally telling you what it is.
Not *conspiracy* not weird & strange stories that can not be proven.
No, actually terrible people telling you everything you need to know.
And they still click on the news every evening and think that is the best source
of information.
Yes, I am stymied as to why most folks have not gotten pitch forks.
But that is me.
I fight where I can, in my own community where I may have a chance at
making a difference.
( the rest is for prayer....see above)
Not one person in my life has ever asked me where I stand.
Not one friend, co-worker, neighbor ....
And to be honest I was raised very informed but also taught to keep some
things private. Politics, Sex, Religion.
It was not polite to speak of such things.
Hard to do these past few years.....
People assume a lot about me.
So, I let them.
If you do not sit down at my table with a cup of tea
and ask me eye to eye....you may never know.
A few quick things about me:
Married to the love of my life for decades.
Believes in working through many incarnations of one another.
It is not for the faint of heart and if you have faith well, it is truly
the best for two humans living on this earth.
Nothing worth anything is easy, especially when it is divinely inspired.
Hard work + two very strong people + love = us.
I wanted the fairy tale and even if I had to put on my armour and fight
for it....I got it.
I never tried to change him.
Instead I went through growing up and growing in our relationship
together. I liken it to God and how he loves us no matter
what stage of life we are in, even if we are disappointed in Him.
I married a viking, and a viking he is.
Strong, protector and a wonderful human being.
Mostly, I get to be the soft feral small mammal that I am
and dote upon him & the family.
I love homemaking.
I love cleaning and decorating seasonally.
I will share what I use & what works after many years of kneeling on my floors
to clean them ( partially why my Dr. told me my knees ache sometimes).
I love the holidays and making them simple and easy and special.
Stick around for my tips and reviews of all natural product reviews.
It is not a secret that I do not believe either the food companies or the *health care*
folks are on our side. I believe it is a constant revolving door between the two
that contributes to illness and the fake *healing* we are subjected to.
Now not all medicine is awful, emergency medicine is one of those
areas where the proof is in the pudding, If I break a bone, I wish the ER please.
However, the stats on disease prevention have been so altered in the direction of
the pharmaceutical companies ( like they can hide studies from us for 20 or more years)
I no longer trust them. To be fair, I never really did. Working in health care kind of
helped my view at a young age sway away from * preventative* medicine and the
models for the management of care.
I worked under Doc Adams, an old school doctor who cared for the patients
in the nursing home I worked in. She had more natural remedies and
*cures* that worked so well, without side effects I was amazed by her.
So this is the outline for how I grow health:
We gain our health from whole, clean foods.
We prioritise good sleep.
We move our bodies.
We add nothing to our diet that will hinder the natural homeostasis
our bodies run on.
I ground on the earth, I sit in the sun.
We listen when our bodies talk to us , knowing that reducing
inflammation is the key to staying well.
I eat raw milk, bacon & all meats, proteins- including beans & rice.
Locally farmed meat, cheese, dairy and produce.
Clean water. ( we have a 700ft dug well)
You know, I learned even more about how things maintain health
by becoming a chicken keeper.
It is basic practices that keep them disease free.
So.....
Yeah. I do not take any meds except for the occasional Tylenol.
I have finally found a Dr. who supports me and I have learned more about my
body and how it works this year than in all of the years combined.
I manage my allergies as holistically as I can.
That keeps the inflammation down in the rest of my body.
It is a seasonal thing which takes a bit of finesse'.
My management is going very well.
As a child I wanted to be a writer.
I am not a Harvard grad, nor am I an accomplished writer in the classic
sense, but I have been writing every day for decades.
This is the natural extension of the diary I began when I was 9.
I wrote in it every day.
I still have a paper diary as well as a chicken diary ( took the place
of my children's diaries, lol!)
Moving ahead....
I am offering some insight into me here so that if you are not interested
you will not waste your time here.
My blog, my opinions, my views .
I may not share yours but that is how I learn, that allows me
to hold grace for people I may not agree with.
That may allow me to become even more understanding.
I have no problem with opposing views.
When we share politely and calmly why we think what we think,
we let the spirit move through our conversation and that allows us to
find common ground or even change our minds.
My goal here on this blog is peace, as in my life.
New England is my home and I adore the seasons here.
I adore the people, the customs, the varied foods and the whole
vibe of it.
Born & bred on the coast and now living inland in the countryside,
I am in proximity to three states of which I can get to within minutes.
Look for me showcasing it as much as I can.
Visit here when you need time to rest and relax.
As always, I have a prayer list I can add you to, just ask me.
I will source things if you need.
You can reach me on the side bar though email or by messenger on my FB page.
Let's have the best Summer friends!
Much love,
Raven
🐦⬛
No comments:
Post a Comment
{Something written here would be lovely}