https://thevillagemercantile.blogspot.com

Monday, May 18, 2026

May weekends are the best!






M O N D A Y 

Good Morning.

A fresh new week.

Hot, steamy & a preview of summer.

We go back to normal temps by the end of the week.

The weekend was full.

( I always get a few old chairs- usually by the side of the road

each year for the chickens to perch on. This year we left the house

and I said, *God, I would love 2 chairs for my coops for my birthday this year*

Well.... we came through our town on the way back from our day trip

and saw these iron chairs on the side of the road!

Viking went back for the truck and he loaded them up and Voila!

They are beautiful, sturdy and I can even paint them for years to come! )

Wow!

What a birthday gift!

And below is the new rose garden transplants from their unhappy home

by the road. I do believe they will be happier  here.

The area will be for free ranging the chickens so they will no

longer end up in the woods, the road or acres away at dusk as I try and round them up.

I will rotate the flocks daily.





New garden, new plantings, a day visit to one of my favorite places.

We enjoyed every moment of daylight.

You can not beat a beautiful day in May in New England.



 


My favorite memories as a child was of lying in the fresh green grass and

looking up at the tree canopy .

We visited a friends' cider mill and was treated to Strawberry Shrubs.

Refreshing and healthy (see recipe) perfect for the day.

I will be making them all summer.

( replacing our honey with the sugar )










It will take me all summer to hit my HIIT goals.

Which is fine.

So what I do now is a slow mix of walk, jog...no run yet.

I do walk.

It is for my health but for my head too.

I can only change myself and my circumstances.

Walking redirects me into that place of accountability

while reminding me to not allow negativity into my life

through social media, unhealthy interactions or ruminating

over things I can not change.

I always come home happier.

( even in a sudden rain storm)


Have a wonderful Monday!

Blessings & light,

Raven

xoxo

🐦‍⬛



No comments:

Post a Comment

{Something written here would be lovely}

Copyright © theherbshedatstonehollow. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio