https://thevillagemercantile.blogspot.com

Friday, May 29, 2026

Friday! Yay....& a quick vintage pasta salad

 



Stone Hollow May 2026

Hello.

I am here.

I was getting my feet under me after a difficult week.

All is well.

It is Friday! And the start of a lush green weekend.

The sun is brilliant, the gardens are doing their thing,

flocks are starting to jive together.


looking at the house from the *side yard* ( road cuts through yard)



I will be here for the foreseeable future.

This summer I will be digging into home projects

while spending time with people I adore.

Intimate, small gatherings, late nights at the pond.

Markets, farm store ... thrifting.

Flea markets, small shops, walking trails with the viking & dogs...

But mostly living in the day, here in the woods.

Of course, there will be ice cream!



Or iced sugar free skyrr made right at the farm.

mmmmm.


Let this be a reminder to step off of the grid and be feral .

Log off, unplug while digging farther into the woods.

Away from the noise and the negative energies.

Remind your body what it is to have bare feet on the earth or in the water.

That is the secret to happiness.

To be honest, I would be totally off grid if I could.

I have seen no good come of any changes implemented

over the past 30 years that made life better.

Drawing us away from creator , from the natural world and making us

focus on a box which also fed our ego & insecurities ....how could that be healthy?







Vintage, *Old Fashioned* whatever you call it, I am here for it.

That is the kind of summer I will be pursuing.

Homemade lemonade, naps outside, popsicles , fireflies and the joy of 

living my own narrative.

Let the world catastrophes have their way....

I am having none of that.

In that vein, nothing says summer days than a big bowl of

macaroni salad. The simpler the better.

Check out this simple recipe.

I love having a bowl of this or potato salad in the fridge for quick

snaks or sudden company.

Change it up as you see fit.

THIS is the recipe I grew up with.






I leave you with this darling recent photo of Polly pocket and her baby.

Baby can now fly and reach the upper perches.

What a wonderful blessing and reminder of how precious life can be.

Even after loss.

Cooper would be proud of this little guy.


Have a wonderful Friday friends.

Much love,

Raven
🐦‍⬛
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Something written here would be lovely}

Copyright © theherbshedatstonehollow. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio